Pineapple Fried Rice
- ½ cup of Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast, or
Alternative: Pork, beef, or 4-6 Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ¼ cup of Yama Mama’s Specialty Sauce
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- 1 ¼ cups of Cooked Jasmine Rice
- ¼ cup of Pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons of Peas & Carrots mix
- 2 tablespoons of Sliced Onions
- 1chopped Scallion Stem
- ¼ cup of toasted Cashew Nuts (OPTIONAL)
- Medium-Sized Frying Pan
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat to evaporate any residual moisture.
- Add 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pan and heat until the oil smokes slightly.
- Crack egg to the heated pan and scramble for a few seconds. Be careful, hot oil may splatter.
- Add your choice of protein into the pan and continue to stir.
- Once the meats or shrimps are almost cooked, add cooked Jasmine rice, pineapple chunks, sliced onion, peas & carrots mix, and (optional) toasted cashew nuts to the pan and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Add ¼ cup of Yama Mama’s Seasoning Sauce to the pan and continue to stir until the sauce has evenly coated the rice for about 2 minutes.
- Plate the fried rice and garnish with chopped scallion.